2017-2018 6th Grade CampCajon Park School: January 8th- 12th, 2018Camp Cuyamaca
This year our 6th graders will kick off the new year by heading to camp January 8th- January 12th. Last year we sold chocolate bars in the Spring and this year our Jog-a-thon was a huge sucess! Thank you Cajon Park Families for your support.
Mrs.Cheryl Chavez our health tech will be sending the forms home Oct 30th. Please fill forms out and turn in by Nov 3rd. if your student is planning to attend.
We look forward to an incredible learning experience at Outdoor Science Camp!Warmly, JoHanna Simko, Vice Principaljohanna.firstname.lastname@example.orgInterested in making a payment online? Click the link below:To find information about what to bring, click: Packing ListTo view the link for the County Outdoor School, click: http://www.sdcoe.net/outdoored2/?loc=os&m=1Want to write a letter to your child? Consider sending it the week before camp to have the best chance of getting to them. Please write 'Cajon Park' on the outside of the envelope. Camp address:
12561 Highway 79Descanso, CA 91916Arrival and Departure information:There are some changes to the normal school schedule regarding camp. Please note the times and information for the specific days below:
ALL STUDENTS WILL BE DROPPED OFF AND PICKED UP IN THE FORMER JUNIORHIGH PARKING LOT ON EL NOPAL.
(The lot is just west of the corner of Magnolia and ElNopal. At 8:40 the lot will be closedoff and cleared to allow bus access. Ifthe weather is wet, we will use the parking lot on the corner of
El Nopal and Magnolia and The Annex building for coverage).
MONDAY DROPOFF: 8:15-8:30A.M. FRIDAY PICK-UP: APPROX. 11:30A.M.
Monday, January 8, 2018 (The Departure)
- Plan to arrive later than a normal day. Students going to camp should arrive between 8:15 and 8:30 to avoid morning traffic.
- All student items will be kept in the parking lot area. Please be sure that bedding/sleeping bags are stored in a CLEARLY LABELLED BAG. The buses will load students at about 8:45 am. They will depart as soon as they are loaded. Bags will be loaded about 9:00 am and taken in a separate vehicle. (Parent help for loading is always appreciated!)
- Be careful to pack essentials (like WARM clothing) and to avoid anything not needed or allowed at camp. Students will be responsible to carry their gear throughout the camp, so pack materials students can carry.
Friday, January 312, 2018 (The Great Return!)
- Students depart camp late Friday morning. Buses are due to return between 11:30 am and 12:00 pm.
- Students and their personal items can be picked up as soon as they arrive and have checked out with their respective teachers. We will be following normal pick up procedures which means, students will be released only to parents and individuals identified on their emergency cards. Please have a written note signed by a parent if you intend to have your child picked up by someone else. Again, students may leave school, but they must be signed out before leaving campus.