The Santee School District Payroll Department is serviced by the team of Karen Lippert, Lorie Schmitz, and Jennifer Ashburn. Together they provide services, support, and assistance to school sites and departments district-wide. This department processes the payroll for over 1,000 employees and substitutes each month.The Payroll Services Department serves as the liaison and reporting agent for: Federal and State Taxes Payment/Reporting; SUI (State Unemployment Insurance) Payment/Reporting; Affidavits/Petition for Lost or Overage Payroll Warrants; Wage Garnishments (IRS Levy, Franchise Tax Board, Child Support); Direct Deposit Processing (ACH); Distribution of Payroll Warrants and W2s; and Abatements for Worker's Compensation.Lorie Schmitz - General payroll issues and absence balance inquiries(619) 258-2322
email@example.comJen Ashburn - Timesheet questions, PeopleSoft Employee Self-Service (View paycheck)(619) firstname.lastname@example.orgKaren Lippert - Payroll and Retirement issues(619) email@example.comKaren LippertPayroll SpecialistBusiness Hours:
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
For employees and substitutes who are not on direct deposit:
All paychecks not picked up by 4:30 on the issue date will be mailed to the employee home address on file.
ALL EMPLOYEES PLEASE READ NOTIFICATION OF UPGRADE TO PEOPLESOFT EMPLOYEE SELF SERVICE FOR VIEWING PAYCHECKS
Please be aware of the following items that pertain to the PeopleSoft upgrade effective Monday, May 7, 2018.
- SYSTEM UNAVAILABLE: All employees will be locked out of PeopleSoft Employee Self-Service (ESS) starting Friday, May 4 at 6:00 pm and continuing throughout the weekend of May 5-6. During this time, the SDCOE will perform an upgrade to PeopleSoft.
- All employees will be able to access PeopleSoft ESS as usual on the morning of Monday, May 7 by 7:00 am.
- CLEAR CACHE: Please clear your browser cache, Monday, May 7, before you access PeopleSoft ESS. Clearing your browser cache will help you receive all the benefits of the upgrade and ensure a smoother user experience. For directions on clearing cache, please refer to http://crc.sdcoe.net/announcements/peoplesoftnews/howtoclearyourcache.
- POP-UP BLOCKERS: When viewing your paycheck in ESS, you might need to disable pop-up blockers in your browser.
DISTRIBUTION OF 2017 W2 DOCUMENTS
All 2017 W2 Documents that were not picked up from the Payroll Department were mailed on January 31, 2018. All employees can view their 2017 W2 online using the same log in and navigation used to view paychecks. For instructions please select the link below.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PASSWORD TO VIEW PAYCHECKS
Log-in passwords automatically expire after one year. If you have set up your security question/answer in PeopleSoft you can request to reset your password. If you have not set up your security information, please email Jennifer Ashburn at firstname.lastname@example.org to have your password reset. Please set up your security information as this will be needed for future password updates.For clarification regarding how sick leave and personal necessity leave is displayed on paychecks, please select the link below.ATTENTION ALL EMPLOYEESEffective July 2016 paychecks for disbursement of 10/12 pay will be directly deposited for all employees who currently have direct deposit set up for payroll. No more picking up paychecks in July and August!
INFORMATION FOR CALPERS MEMBERS
Please click on the link below for a list of recently added instructor-led CalPERS classes at the San Diego Regional Office location.
Member Education Bulletin
You are encouraged to subscribe to the CalPERS Member Education Bulletin to receive email notifications for future CalPERS educational events, including:
• Instructor-led classes in your area
• CalPERS Benefits Education Events
Please be aware that you can access your Annual Member Statements (AMS) are available by logging into your my|CalPERS account at my.calpers.ca.gov. The AMS will include your accumulated service, a breakdown of contributions and interest, name of employer(s), and retirement formula(s) .
Take advantage of free member events and training to learn about CalPERS benefits. Please select the link below to view the list of webinar topics available as well as classes offered by CalPERS.
View old pay statements (before July 2016)
Payroll Dates and Paycheck Availability
- 2016-2017 Payroll Dates and Information
- 2017-2018 Payroll Dates and Information
- Payroll Distribution Information
Voluntary Tax-Deferred Savings Options
- Deferred Compensation Information
- Summary of Available Programs
- Plan Highlights - 403b
- Plan Highlights - 457b
- Direct Deposit Authorization
- 2018 Form W4 Federal Tax Withholding
- Form DE4 CA State Tax Withholding
- Salary Reduction Agreement
- Maximum Contribution Worksheet 2018
- Request for Duplicate W2
- Vacation Carryover Notification Form 9-10-11 Month Classified Employees
- Excess Vacation Carryover Request Form 12 Month Classified Employees
- Payment Option Form for Certificated Employeees
- Payment Option Form for Classified Employees
Retirement System Information for all employees and substitutes
Please use the links below to access information about retirement systems.
DIRECT DEPOSIT INFORMATIONBeginning July 2011 the fee that the District must pay for each payroll warrant printed (non direct deposit) will increase from $.25 to $1.00. If you are not currently enrolled in direct deposit please sign up today. There are numerous benefits for having Direct Deposit in addition to helping the District reduce expenses. These include:
To enroll, please complete and submit the Direct Deposit Authorization form (located on the right side of this page) to the Payroll Department. Please contact Karen or Lorie in the Payroll Department if you have any questions or concerns or if you need assistance getting started.
- Reduction in paper
- Easy access to all paycheck data on a secure website
- Quicker access to paycheck funds and data (direct deposits are made the night before paychecks are distributed)
- Paycheck funds can be automatically deposited to more than one bank account