SANTEE SCHOOL DISTRICT
“Where Young Minds Meet Open Doors”
BELIEF STATEMENTS, AND GOALS
Adopted May 1, 2012
Santee School District assures a quality education,
empowering students to achieve academic excellence
and to develop life skills needed for success in a diverse and changing society.
Santee School District will be an innovative leader in education,
inspiring students to realize their unique potential.
Children are our first priority. Therefore we believe….
- All students can learn.
- Student growth, academic performance, and positive personal development are the highest measures of student and district success.
- Trust, integrity, respect, citizenship, honesty, responsibility, commitment, and pride are the foundations on which our district is built.
- Students should understand and respect the origin of the nation, the law of the land, and the principles of our democracy.
- Parent and community involvement in our schools is crucial to the academic success of our students.
- Knowledgeable, motivated, and inspired employees assure the success of our students.
- Everyone has the right to learn and work in a safe, healthy, orderly, and clean environment.
- The district operates efficiently and effectively through focused leadership, fiscal responsibility, and open communication, with a strong academic program as the top priority.
- Educational Achievement
- Assure the highest level of educational achievement for all students.
- Provide a safe, engaging environment that promotes creativity, innovation, and personalized learning
- Fiscal Accountability
- Financially support the vision, mission, and goals of the District by maximizing resources, controlling expenses, and managing assets to ensure fiscal solvency and flexibility.
- Staff Development
- Implement a staff development plan as the cornerstone of employee performance and growth.
- Student Well-Being
- Provide social, emotional, and health service programs, integrated with community resources, to foster student character and personal well-being.