Last year, every kindergarten through eighth grade student in the district received an iPad for his or her educational use during the school year. These devices will increase students’ engagement in the classroom with the integration of digital learning by our teachers.
Student Benefits of the Santee School District 1:1 iPad Program Include:
· Providing instant access to
up-to-date information and
current events as well as digital books and multimedia
· Fostering critical thinking
skills to do research that
encourages proactive learning
· Strengthening communication skills and literacy
· Availability of multiple collaboration tools
· Individualizing learning for each student
· Preparing students for high school and college work
· Expanding students' working
knowledge of effective
methods to problem solve and complete tasks
All students have access to a standard suite of apps that are used in the classroom for their education, and teachers will have the ability to select additional educational apps for their students' devices.