Here in Room 21 we work hard, play hard, and learn all the time.
- We will be utilizing Math Expressions as our newest Math resource program, as well as Dreambox and IXL ( websites and apps).
- Language arts apps that we use are iRead, Fry words, Hooked on Phonics, Reading AZ, and Epic books, among others.
- Mystery Science is our fun and interactive science website and social studies apps like Fifty States will help us learn about geography.
- The REMIND app will allow me to remind you about upcoming school events/IEPs/etc and I'll have everyone sign up those first two or three days of school.
We LOVE our iPads and will have them in class the second week of school. Please make sure your child has quality headhones before then.
We have a lot of supplies in our room already ( crayons, glue, scissors, colored pencils, paper/pencils) BUT I would ask you to get the following for your child:
- A bath mat or yoga mat. We do some calming meditations after lunch, and "crossing the midline" stretches daily .
- QUALITY HEADPHONES! With iPads, you child simply MUST have headphones in order to use the iPads at school. Pease make sure they have a volume control.
- Dollar store ear buds are NOT recommended for small children.
- Healthy Snacks -we have a break at 10:00 daily. A refillable water bottle would be awesome, too.
- Tissues and wipes are ALWAYS needed! We wipe everything down at the end of every day.
- A change of clothing, including socks and underwear, in a gallon ziplock with your child's name on EVERYTHING. Things happen. We like to be prepared in Room 21 :)
I look forward to meeting the newest Starkey's Stars and seeing some familiar faces as well when we head back to Room 21 on August 22! It's going to be a great year!