Dear parents and 7th grade students,
Welcome back to a new year and beautiful school at Hill Creek! This year I will be teaching 7th grade Language Arts and World History. I am thrilled to begin implementing our district's new Language Arts digital adoption. With this, I will be helping students become thoughtful, critical, and creative individuals. I look forward to a productive and successful year of learning and working together with you in order for our students to achieve success!
Below are the general policies and guidelines which students will be expected to follow throughout the year. Please read through these and discuss them with your student.
- Arrive to class everyday on time.
- Enter the room SILENTLY and immediately begin the given task.
- Use the restrooms and get drinks during your breaks.
- Throw all trash away in the trash cans…not in the desk!!!
- Raise you hand to speak.
- Stay in your assigned seat at all times unless otherwise instructed.
- Follow the dress code!!
- Respect the property of others.
- RESPECT others!
Consequences for Poor Choices:
- Verbal warning/conference with student.
- Step (written warning given to student requiring parent signature).
- Referral resulting in loss of activity.
- In-school suspension.
Curriculum for Language Arts:
- Assigned novels and literature following Common Core Standards
- Amplify (our new district adoption)
- Scope Magazine
- Close Reading articles
- Academic vocabulary study
- Oral Language – presentations, speeches
Homework/Class Work Policy:
Late Work Policy:
- If there is homework, the assignment will be written down on the homework board in the classroom for students to copy in their planners.
- All work must be completed neatly and according to the requirements for the assignment in order to receive credit.
- Any class work not finished will need to be completed for homework.
- Failure to turn in an assignment will result in a zero (0) in the grade book.
- Any assignment turned in late (unless you were absent) will only receive partial credit.
- If you are absent, it is your responsibility to find out what was completed or corrected in class that day. Please ask another student in the class or copy their assignment sheet. YOU ARE NOT EXCUSED FROM AN ASSIGNMENT BECAUSE YOUR WERE ABSENT.
Recommended School Supplies:
- Grade level appropriate silent reading book EVERYDAY (digital or hard copy).
- Pencils and pens (black or blue only, and red for correcting).
- Three ring binder with dividers for each class.
- Lined writing paper.
- Calendar or weekly planner.
- Grades will be given based on the total points accumulated during the trimester.
- Points will be given for homework, assignments, quizzes, tests, and projects.
- Progress reports will be generated halfway through each grading period.
- Please monitor grades using your PowerSchool Parent/Student Access codes. If you need this information, please let me know.
I strongly encourage all students to ask questions and/or come in before or after school for extra support in either Language Arts or World History. If you have any questions or comments now or anytime throughout the year, please feel free to contact me in my classroom at 956-5080 or by email at email@example.com. With solid communication and ongoing teamwork, we will have a successful and enjoyable year!!
Ms. Laura Goldman
My student ___________________________and I have read through, discussed, and understand the policies and expectations.
Student Signature: ________________________________
Parent(s) Name: __________________________________ Phone Number: ______________
Parent Signature: _________________________________