Web Accessibility Design
To be in compliance with the Americans with Disability Act (ADA), the District webpages need to be web accessible. This refer to the inclusive practices of removing barriers that prevent interaction with, or access to websites, by people with disability.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG2.0) defines how to make the web content more accessible to people with disability. Here are some tips to help you design and update your School / Department / Teacher websites to be web accessible.
- webaim.org (Web Accessibility in Mind)
- w3.org (Web Accessibility Initiative)
- ada.gov (Americans with Disability Act - Best Practices Took Kit)
- techrepublic.com (TechRepublic - Creating and ADA-compliant website)
- uxmovement.com (UX Movement - Web Accessibility Blogs and Articles)