BUS RULES AND REGULATIONS
To make our transportation system as safe as possible, it is mandatory for all students to comply with the following rules and regulations that were established by the Santee School District Board according to State regulations. The parent or guardian will be held responsible for the cost of repair or replacement of any damaged district property, plus any reward offered for information leading to the identification of the student or person that caused the damage.
Please discuss the following basic rules concerning school bus behavior with your child so that they may cooperate in providing a safe ride for all:
1. Only normal conversation is allowed in the bus. Rude, discourteous and annoying conduct is prohibited at all times.
2. Nothing is to be put out of the bus windows at any time. Objects are not to be thrown in to, out of or at the bus.
3. Students are to remain seated while the bus is in motion. The aisles are to remain clear and everyone is to face forward while sitting in the seats. If the bus seats are equipped with passenger restraint systems (seat belts), they must be worn.
4. Preparation for boarding and departing from the bus will take place after the bus has come to a complete stop and the door is opened.
5. Emergency doors are to be used only for intended purposes. Students must keep their hands off emergency equipment as this is to be used in case of an accident or emergency.
6. Physical contact such as slapping, hitting, poking, shoving, pulling hair, etc. in the bus or while at the bus stop is unacceptable.
7. Glass articles, of any kind are not allowed on the bus.
8. Animals, reptiles or insects of any kind are prohibited.
9. All students who must cross the street on which the bus is stopped, must cross in front of the bus with the bus driver.
10. Eating, drinking, and chewing gum is not permitted on the bus.
11. All students will refrain from using profane language, vulgar gestures, taunting and teasing, etc.
12. Damage to or defacing the bus is prohibited.
13. Students must not tamper with bus controls at any time.
14. Spitting is prohibited at all times.
15. Students are to ride the bus to/from their designated bus stop only.
16. Students are to give accurate identification when requested by the driver.
17. Tobacco, lighters, and/or matches are not allowed on the bus.
18. Electronic devices are to be used with headphones and for texting, music, and web browsing only. The School District is not responsible for lost, damaged or missing property.
19. Any behavior that endangers the life or limb of riders or the driver, or that creates an unsafe condition will not be tolerated.
20. The bus driver is in charge of the bus and all students will show proper respect to the driver of the bus. The bus driver may designate where students must sit on the bus.
If you have any questions regarding the basic rules, please contact me at 258-2337.
Director of Transportation