Hill Creek Middle School
Physical Education Program
- Dress out in P.E. uniform daily.
- Participate in all activities: walking, jogging, physical conditioning, team sports, and classroom activities.
- Learn the rules and basic skills of each sport and activity.
- Behave properly in locker room, field, and class.
- Students will be required to lead exercises.
- Although it is recommended that students purchase a uniform, (grey Hill Creek shirt and black athletic shorts from Al’s Sport Shop for $15) it will be REQUIRED that students wear a grey or white t-shirt and black athletic shorts. The Dress Code will be enforced and shorts used for P.E. must be at least between mid-thigh and knee length. Athletic shoes are required at all times. All uniform shirts must be labeled with last names.
- Clothes should be home at the end of every week and washed.
- Dangling jewelry, boots, hard shoes, and cleats may not be worn during P.E.
LOCKS AND LOCKERS:
- The students will be issued a school lock and locker.
- Keep locker secured at all times! Anything lost or stolen is your responsibility.
DRESSING OUT:Students must dress out daily in full uniform.
- If a student has minor injuries or had an illness and there are certain activities he/she cannot perform, please have a note from parent or doctor. The note must specify the date and reason for non-participation. This will excuse a student from doing certain physical activity (up to 3 calendar days without a doctor’s excuse) but will not excuse him/her from dressing out in P.E. uniform. Except for major injuries (broken arm, leg, doctor’s excuse, etc.).
- Students may not borrow friends’ P.E. clothes.
- Students may wear a sweat outfit over their P.E. clothes.
- Students may not leave the locker room area until dismissed!
Grades will be weighted according to the following categories and percents.PE Uniform: 1/3 of Final Grade (5 points a week)
Students will be responsible for dressing out daily. The uniform consists of black shorts and a t- shirt. Uniforms from previous schools will be acceptable. Sweatpants and sweatshirts are acceptable as long as the items adhere to the school dress code policy. After three nonsuits, the parents will be notified.Mile: 1/3 of Final Grade (5 points a week)
In a typical week, students will be required to complete a mile. The mile may be timed and students will need to finish under the time for credit.
Participation: 1/3 of Final Grade (5 points a week)
Students are expected to fully participate in all sports and fitness activities.
At the end of each grading period, the points will then be averaged in each category and then combined according to percentage value. The final percentage will be assigned a letter grade according to the scale below.