Homework is not assigned in our class in the traditional sense. We work hard during the school day and after school time is filled with sports, family, and outdoor fun. There are, however, the following homework options available to continue the learning at home:
- Math: When we complete a “lesson” (each lesson takes between 2-4 days) there is a “Homework and Remembering” page that will come home in your child’s folder. We will generally work on the Remembering side in class and your child may even get a head start on the Homework side as well. Your child may complete the Homework side and return it in his or her folder for Dojo points. *Please note: there will generally also be colorful workbook pages accompanying the Homework and Remembering pages in your child’s folder. These colorful pages are the guided practice pages of the lesson we did in class while using manipulatives, wipe boards, and math journals. These pages can help guide your child through his or her homework.
- Classwork to be completed: work not finished during class will come home in your child’s folder to be finished and returned.
- Absent work: when your child is absent, assignments that he or she missed will be sent home in his or her folder.
- Dreambox: a great option for reinforcing math skills right at your child’s instructional level.
- Reading: 20 minutes per night for pleasure. Even though we are not keeping a reading log, this is still a habit of good readers.. The way to become a better reader is to read from a variety of genres including both fiction and non.