Hill Creek Middle School Physical Education Program
• Students MUST dress out in their P.E. clothes daily (details below).
• Students MUST participate in all activities: walking, jogging, physical conditioning,
team sports, and classroom activities.
• If a student has minor injuries or had an illness and there are certain activities he/she
cannot perform, please have a note from parent or doctor. The note must specify the
date and reason for non-participation. This will excuse a student from doing certain
physical activity (up to 3 calendar days without a doctor’s excuse) Except for major
injuries (broken arm, leg, doctor’s excuse, etc.)
• Learn the rules and basic skills of each sport and activity.
• Students will follow the school expectations of BE KIND, BE RESPONSIBLE, BE SAFE
during PE in locker room, on the field, and in the classroom.
• Although it is recommended that students purchase a uniform from Al’s Sport Shop
(information below), it is REQUIRED that students wear a gray or white t-shirt and
black athletic shorts or pants.
Al’s Sport Shop
9250 Mission Gorge Rd Shirt: Gray Hill Creek shirt
Santee, CA 92071 Shorts: Black Hill Creek shorts
• Dress code will be enforced for PE. This includes shorts being at least between the
mid-thigh and knee in length. Athletic shoes must be worn. Uniforms from previous
schools are acceptable.
• Clothes should be taken home at the end of every week and washed.
• Dangling jewelry, boots, hard shoes, sandals, or cleats may not be worn.
LOCKS AND LOCKERS:
• Students will be issued a school lock and locker.
• Keep locker secured at all times!!! Anything lost or stolen is your responsibility.
• Please store all backpacks & electronics in the lockers when out at PE.
Grades will be weighted according to the following categories and percentages:
• PE Uniform: 1/3 of Final Grade (50 points per week)
o Students will be responsible for dressing out daily to receive credit.
• Mile: 1/3 of Final Grade (50 pts per mile)
o In a typical week, students will be required to complete 1 mile around our track.
The miles are timed and students will need to finish under the time for full credit.
• Participation: 1/3 of Final Grade (50 pts per week)
o Students are expected to fully participate in all sports and fitness activities.
*** For the safety and privacy of all students, cell phones MUST BE put away at all times during PE. This
includes time in the locker rooms ad during physical activity.