Language Arts Program
Independent Reading and Writing Program
Each trimester students will be required to read 3 books or 700 pages. We will also be working on writing with a purpose.
Santee School Districts adopted program that will engage today’s digital natives with an interactive core curriculum that brings complex texts to life. Amplify ELA inspires students to read more deeply, write more vividly and think more critically.
No Red Ink
- This is an online program.
- We begin with a diagnostic to see what the students know.
- Students will complete NoRedInk assignments every week to support what they struggled with on the diagnostic.
- Every week there will be a Growth Quiz checking for understanding.
- If students still struggle, then we practice for another week and re-quiz until mastery.
- Students will be participating in novel studies throughout the year.
- They will be expected to participate in class discussions and activities.
- If absent, they can check out a book so they can catch up on their reading they missed in class.