With the new NGSS (Next Generation Science Standards), there are three dimensions to science learning; Cross-Cutting Concepts, Science & Engineering Practices, and Disciplinary Core Ideas.
Here is a link for more information on the standards.
Students will learn about many science phenomenons through the scientific process, investigation and experimentation, questioning and exploring.
Scientists should be able to:
- Provide a reasonable hypothesis
- Defend conclusions based on evidence and revise conclusions based on more evidence and other points-of-view.
- Understand science inquiry
- Observe an experiment
- Accurately observe, measure, and record changes of a substance
- Measure, record and graph
- Organize and order facts
- Identify and explain structures and functions of organisms