One to One Digital Learning Program
Last year, every third through fifth grade student in the district received an iPad for his or her educational use during the school year. These devices will increase students’ engagement in the classroom with the integration of digital learning by our teachers. This year the program has expanded to include grades six through eight, and will further expand in early 2016 to include grades kindergarten through second.
Student Benefits of the Santee School District 1:1 iPad Program Include:
· Providing instant access to up-to-date information and
current events as well as digital books and multimedia
· Fostering critical thinking skills to do research that
encourages proactive learning
· Strengthening communication skills and literacy
· Availability of multiple collaboration tools
· Individualizing learning for each student
· Preparing students for high school and college work
· Expanding students' working knowledge of effective
methods to problem solve and complete tasks
All students will have access to a standard suite of apps that will be used in the classroom for their education.