Welcome All Home School Families!
Welcome All New and Returning Home School Families!
* We are ready for rigorous, creative learning for this 2020-21 academic year! We are presently at capacity, however please do check our web pages. We are Santee Alternative Home School where limitless learning possibilities are available to excel academically for students and families with compassion and support of educators!
*The official first day of school will be August 19th. Our fall school hours are 7:45 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Upon appointment only, I will begin initial conferences for new families the last week of July.
2020-2021 New Interested Family Information:
- Santee Alternative Home School Students:
- have parents as instructors for Reading, Math, Social Studies, Science, and P.E.
- work at home and must be supervised by adults during school hours
- follow all Santee School District policies
- sign a contract stating all the timelines and expectations outlined in the school planner
- use student curriculum and technology equivalent to that used in our district schools
- complete all required state testing and other district tests
- Santee Alternative Parents as Instructors:
- organize, manage, and instruct students using supplied teacher guides and answers to correct all student work
- instruct lessons, guide students to mastering lessons, and correct all work
- attend weekly "Student Work Check-In Conferences" which are approximately twenty five minutes per child
- receive a year planner that is organized by week of each subject by chapter, by lessons, and pages. Then the instructor may plan the weekly lessons for each day of the week. This makes the flexibility of home schooling individualized to allow more time where needed.
- may add supplementary projects, books, field trips to what is listed in the school planner.
- Santee School District Information
- There is no cost to enroll into the Santee Alternative Home School
- We serve grades kindergarten through grade eight
- Students with an IEP must be approved in order to enroll.
- Both parent and student must attend an initial conference (which we will begin the last week of July).
- Because attendance is based on submitted completed work, all work must be submitted on time.
- Student work is collected weekly: Students are to complete one week of work, then submit the corrected work with the parent by Tuesday of the next week.
- Our school has been in existence more than forty years, serving our community. This will be my thirteenth year with this program. I manage this program fulltime with a halftime secretary to support all the needs of our amazing families!
Honoring the Diversity and Opportunity for Families to Learn Together with Guidance and Support!
Thank you for visiting our home school website!
Mrs. Patricia Noujaim, head instructor: firstname.lastname@example.org 619-956-2490
Mrs. Donna Farquar: Writing teacher
Mrs. Kim Whitacre, Secretary: Kim.email@example.com