Weekly Homework Program
STAR Folders: Students Taking Academic Responsibility (STAR) Folders: In order to manage materials successfully, students should use their STAR Folder starting on the first day of school. THE STAR FOLDER MUST BE BROUGHT TO SCHOOL EVERY DAY.
· Work that your child does not complete (unfinished work) will come home each day in the “bring back to school" side of the STAR folder; it must be finished and turned in the next day.
· Each student will also have a notebook at the beginning of the year for Reading.
· Students are allowed to bring ALL books and & notebooks home to complete unfinished work. They are responsible for bringing them back the following school day.
· The notebook and folder must be neat, complete, and organized. Thank you for helping your student with organization. It is key for success!
· The STAR folders will be filled with graded papers and notices every Friday
· Before you sign the calendar:
o Please look over your child’s work and STAR Folder
o Have them fix any papers that need to be corrected & complete any unfinished work
o Return both the signed calendar and STAR Folder on the following school day.
Your child will be required to:
· Read 25 minutes (Daily)
· Complete 2 achieve3000 lessons (weekly). There will be ample time for this to be completed in class. If your student is not using his/her class time wisely, then it becomes homework.
· Complete at least 5 DreamBox lessons (weekly). There will be ample time for this to be completed in class. If your student is not using his/her class time wisely, then it becomes homework.
· Complete any UNFINISHED WORK that was started in class (including weekly goals for DreamBox & Achieve 3000). Unfinished work is due the following day.
o The majority of work is started in class. Whatever is not finished at the end of the day becomes homework.
Missing homework will affect your child’s grade and may result in quiet work time during recess to allow them to catch up. If your student has a large amount of homework, please check with your child and/or contact me as s/he may be having a challenging time with the work, or may using his/her class time unwisely. When your child has homework, please make sure s/he has a quiet, uninterrupted place to work.