1. For every trimester, each student must read three books over 150 pages or a total of 700 pages. After reading a book, complete an Independent Reading Form. The books must be pre-approved by Ms. Meaux.2. In lieu of reading all three books, students have an opportunity to chose from a variety of Independent Reading Project Options to complete their Independent Reading requirements.3. Each student will be required to blog weekly on their independent reading book.
How to Choose a Book?
- Look at the cover
- Look at the blurbs on the back
- Look at the summary inside the front cover
- See if it’s an author you like
- Find books in the genres you enjoy
- Get recommendations from friends, family, the librarian, teachers, or the internet
- Check the length
- Read the first paragraph and see if it intrigues you
- Pick a book that’s not too difficult for you, but also not too easy for you
- If you start a series and like it, find the other books in that series