Pick-up and Drop-off Traffic Procedures
At Carlton Oaks our first priority is student safety. As we prepare to start a new year, we would like to quickly review our pick-up and drop-off traffic patterns and procedures.
**New This Year**
Our parking lot next to the Jr. High building will now be designated parking for Staff ONLY. There will be no pick-up and drop-off access in that area. Please use the pick-up and drop-off lanes in front of the school for that purpose.
- The middle lane is for thru-traffic only. The outside lanes are designated for pick-up and drop off.
- Please do not stand in the pick-up or drop-off lanes, this is essential to keep traffic moving. If you are in need of additional assistance during drop-off or pick-up, please stop into the office and we will be happy to help!
- There is NO LEFT TURN while leaving our parking lot to Wethersfield Road.
- Please be mindful of our Bus loading and unloading zone on Wethersfield Road.
- Please follow all safety patrol directions and signs. These students are an essential part of keeping all of our students and families safe at our crosswalks.
- Southbound traffic may turn left from Wethersfield Road into our school parking lot while safety patrol stop signs are out. Please use caution and ensure that the crosswalk infront of the school is clear before proceeding.
Designated Drop-off/Pick-up Area B and C
- Area B curb is reserved for those with a handicap placard, day care providers and parents needing additional time or assistance with drop-off. Vehicles must have an Area B permit displayed while using this area. If you feel you may qualify for this special permit, please stop in the office for an application.
- Area C curb is reserved for our families needing extra time and assistance from staff during drop-off and pick-up. Vehicles must have an Area C permit displayed while using this area.
Thank you so much for your cooperation and understanding as we ensure a safe pick-up and drop-off for all of our students.