Rules of BehaviorOur Guidelines For Second Grade: We treat each other with kindness and respect. We support each other in the quest for learning and we conduct ourselves with honesty and integrity. Room 11 uses Class Dojo (an online program) and also has a card system for behavior. Students change their cards as needed. Green is fantastic! Yellow is "Oh, oh....better think!" and a talk with me, Orange is "Yikes! and the loss of a privilege, and Red is a parent contact and an appropriate consequence. Greens all week and weekly class work turned in are rewarded with Special Activities on Friday: students get to choose to go to the Movie Room, the Game Room, the Art Room, or have Free Play on the Playground.
1. Possession of inappropriate, non-school related items, which causes a classroom disruption.
2. Not following directions/being off task.
3. Disruption of the learning environment.
4. Chewing gum or eating candy. (unless given out by school personnel)
6. Engaging in public displays of affection.
7. Play fighting.
9. Not being in an appropriate place at the appropriate time.
10. Violating Dress code.
11. Profanity/Swearing. (written or spoken)
12. Loss of weekly contract.
What qualifies for an Automatic Office Referral?
13. Direct defiance or disrespect to others.
15. Endangering another person.
19. Threatening or harassing behavior.
20. Possession of an illegal substance: alcohol, drugs, tobacco, weapons, stink bombs, or dangerous objects.
21. Disrespecting or destroying school property.