SANTEE SCHOOL DISTRICT HISTORY

Timeline Facts:

1888
Stowe school was organized to educate children from the Fanita Ranch.
 
Stowe School was later torn down and unified with the Cowles School District.
 
1891
Cowles School opens.

1893
Cowles School became Santee School.
 
1906
Janet Neven was the teacher at Santee School. She made $64
a month and taught 44 students.
 
1926
Santee School was a two room schoolhouse. It was surrounded by a railroad, a dairy, a granite quarry, and a post office.
 
 
The Santee School District has 9 schools operating,
and they opened as follows:
 
1957 Pepper Drive 
1960
Carlton Hills
1960 Sycamore Canyon
1961 Prospect Avenue
1961 Cajon Park
1966 Chet F. Harritt
1971 Carlton Oaks
1972 Rio Seco
1973 Hill Creek  
 
2003 Santee School Closes
(1926-2003) 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
oldschool
Stowe School
 
 
groupinfront
Cowles / Santee School
 

inclass

  

santeeschool

 
CLOSE