The Santee School District Payroll Department is serviced by the team of Karen Lippert, Bridget Claiborne, and Tamara Killpack. Together they provide services, support, and assistance to school sites and departments district-wide. This department processes the payroll for over 1,000 employees and substitutes each month.The Payroll Services Department serves as the liaison and reporting agent for: Federal and State Taxes Payment/Reporting; SUI (State Unemployment Insurance) Payment/Reporting; Affidavits/Petition for Lost or Overage Payroll Warrants; Wage Garnishments (IRS Levy, Franchise Tax Board, Child Support); Direct Deposit Processing (ACH); Distribution of Payroll Warrants and W2s; and Abatements for Worker's Compensation.Bridget Claiborne - General payroll issues and absence balance inquiries(619) 258-2322Tamara Killpack - ESS - Assistance to view paycheck online and absence balance inquiries(619) 258-2312Karen Lippert - Payroll and Retirement issues(619) 258-2314
Karen LippertPayroll SpecialistBusiness Hours:
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
NOVEMBER 2019 PAYCHECK DISTRIBUTION
The issue date for November 2019 payroll is November 27, 2019. Because payday is during Thanksgiving Break, paychecks will be available for pickup for a limited time at the District Office:
- Paychecks will be distributed on Wednesday, November 27 from 10:30 am until 12:00 pm only
- Access to the Payroll Department will be via the west side door as the District Office will be closed to the public
- All paychecks not picked up by noon on November 27 will be taken to the Post Office for home delivery
All employees can view their W2 documents online beginning with year 2016 using the same log in and navigation used to view paychecks. For instructions please select the link below.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PASSWORD TO VIEW PAYCHECKS
Log-in passwords automatically expire after one year. If you have set up your security question/answer in PeopleSoft you can request to reset your password. If you have not set up your security information, please email Tamara Killpack at firstname.lastname@example.org to have your password reset. Please set up your security information as this will be needed for future password updates.For clarification regarding how sick leave and personal necessity leave is displayed on paychecks, please select the link below.ATTENTION ALL EMPLOYEESEffective July 2016 paychecks for disbursement of 10/12 pay will be directly deposited for all employees who currently have direct deposit set up for payroll. No more picking up paychecks in July and August!
CalSTRS Member Education
Take advantage of free member events and training to learn about CalSTRS benefits. Please select the link below to view the list of workshops available by date range and location.
CalPERS Member Education and Annual Statements
Please be aware that you can access your Annual Member Statements (AMS) are available by logging into your my|CalPERS account at my.calpers.ca.gov. The AMS will include your accumulated service, a breakdown of contributions and interest, name of employer(s), and retirement formula(s) .
Take advantage of free member events and training to learn about CalPERS benefits. Please select the link below to view the list of webinar topics available as well as classes offered by CalPERS.
Announcing Fluid - A new look to the Employee Self-Service Portal used to view your paycheck, beginning October 7, 2019
Please view either or both of the training materials below to prepare you for the new look of Employee Self Service (ESS)
After you review the video and/or the guide, you will use the link below to view your paycheck.View old pay statements (before July 2016)
Payroll Dates and Paycheck Availability
- 2018-2019 Payroll Dates and Information
- 2019-2020 Payroll Dates and Information
- Payroll Distribution Information
Voluntary Tax-Deferred Savings Options
- Deferred Compensation Information
- Third Party Administrator Change effective 12-1-2019
- County Schools FBC Deferred Compensation Program Highlights
- Plan Highlights - 403b
- Plan Highlights - 457b
- List of Approved Vendors
- Direct Deposit Authorization
- 2019 Form W4 Federal Tax Withholding
- Form DE4 CA State Tax Withholding
- Salary Reduction Agreement Multiple Plans
- Maximum Contribution Worksheet 2019
- Request for Duplicate W2
- Vacation Carryover Notification Form 9-10-11 Month Classified Employees
- Excess Vacation Carryover Request Form 12 Month Classified Employees
- Payment Option Form for Certificated Employees
- Classified Payment Option Form
Retirement System Information for all employees and substitutes
Please use the links below to access information about retirement systems.
DIRECT DEPOSIT INFORMATIONBeginning July 2011 the fee that the District must pay for each payroll warrant printed (non direct deposit) will increase from $.25 to $1.00. If you are not currently enrolled in direct deposit please sign up today. There are numerous benefits for having Direct Deposit in addition to helping the District reduce expenses. These include:
To enroll, please complete and submit the Direct Deposit Authorization form (located on the right side of this page) to the Payroll Department. Please contact Karen or Lorie in the Payroll Department if you have any questions or concerns or if you need assistance getting started.
- Reduction in paper
- Easy access to all paycheck data on a secure website
- Quicker access to paycheck funds and data (direct deposits are made the night before paychecks are distributed)
- Paycheck funds can be automatically deposited to more than one bank account