2019-2020 New Student Registration Information
Open Enrollment for new students begins March 18, 2019. All enrollments are completed online. Please set aside between 15 and 45 minutes to complete the online forms.
Before you begin registration, you will need to gather the following information and documents:
- Child’s birth certificate
- Immunization records
- Family medical history
- Emergency contact information – trusted adults the school can contact if parents/guardians cannot be reached
- Proof of Residency (2 forms are required), examples include:
- Deed to a home
- Drivers License (permanent, not temporary)
- Escrow papers for a home
- Rental or Lease Agreement
- Government form CNBSD 1101/16A (Orders for Assignment to Military Housing)
- Recent Receipt for Deposit or statement from a local utility company, i.e. SDG&E, phone, cable
- Tax Receipt (Personal/Property taxes)
- Other government or business document establishing residency
- School Entry Health Checkup (due within 18 months of starting first grade)
- Oral Health Assessment Form (due by May 31st of your child's first year of school)
For more information about oral health screening, please see this memo.
Age/Grade level requirements for the 2019-2020 school year:
- Students born between September 2, 2014 – December 2, 2014 will be eligible for Transitional Kindergarten.
- Students who are 5 years old on or before September 1, 2019 will be eligible for Kindergarten.
- Students who are 6 years old on or before September 1, 2019 will be eligible for First Grade.
California regulations require that parents provide a written immunization record. Children will not be registered nor will they be put on any waiting list if their immunizations are not complete. Contact your health care provider if you have any questions regarding the following immunization information.
To see a list of required immunizations that are required for school entry, please click here. Additional information may be available from the California Department of Public Health, at https://www.shotsforschool.org/
School Locations and Transfer Requests:
Note: If you are applying for one of our schools and you live outside of the Santee School District boundaries, you will need to complete an:
- Interdistrict Attendance Application (Form 341) / Solicitud de Permiso para Asistencia Interdistrital - (Forma 341)
** Current TK and EAK students do not need to register for Kindergarten
For assistance with completing a student registration or enrollment, please:
- Email email@example.com
- Call 619-258-2350
- Registration assistance is available 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday at the Educational Services building at 9619 Cuyamaca Street.
If you require further technical assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 866-752-6850. PowerSchool registration support is ready to help Monday to Friday, 8am-5pm CST, with extended hours until 7pm in July and August. InfoSnap support is for technical questions only; they will not be able to give you your SnapCode or answer any Santee School District registration questions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Is this system secure?
Yes, PowerSchool Registration and the PowerSchool Parent Account utilizes SSL encryption to protect all data that is processed through the system.